Happy very belated New Year everyone!
Yes, it’s been forever since I’ve updated this blog. And it’s for reasons which I don’t feel like going into. It hasn’t been the best year and it still isn’t but I gotta do what I gotta do. I will try to keep up with this blog to make myself feel better, as a way of release, but it depends on the amount of time and energy I have.
Anyway, as one has seen all of last year, I had my New Year’s resolutions listed on the side as a way to remind myself of what I hoped to achieve this year. Well, I believe it’s time to do a sort of progress report on that.
- Lose some weight before I go home in April – Ehh… I don’t know how well that happened but I’ve been losing weight since I left home in April. Does that count? I haven’t lost too much weight but I have lost a good amount of weight since coming to Korea and still have much to go. To make a bench mark, I’ll be very honest. When I came to Korea, I feared being very near the 300lb mark. I was probably somewhere below that but not by much. I’m now at 230. So I still have much to go but I’m doing okay.
- Study Korean harder and pass that damn test – I have been studying Korean and in October or November, I took the test and got a level 3. Congrats to me for finally passing the test! However, the highest level is a 6. So now, I’m shooting for a 5. I just need to study more vocabulary and grammar. I hope to get at least a level 5 by years end.
- Try to make one outfit when I go home in April – Psh…. Yeah, nice try. Next.
- Try to be a lot happier. – Fail.
- Save money but buy the things I want to better myself – Eh, I didn’t get to save much money so now I gotta start saving money again.
- Be cleaner/more organized – I’m kinda more cleaner and organized but not by much. Semi-success?
- Finish at least 2 books this year – Fail. I hate books. What was I thinking? Maybe next time…
So this year, I have decided to make another list of New Year’s Resolutions for 2013. They are:
- Get at least a level 5 on the TOPIK by the end of the year
- Become better at German so I can be able to read the German news papers online.
- Lose more weight and get down to a size 12 at least by July. (I’m currently at a size 18. Huzzah!)
- Be happier (Always have to try)
- Get that new cell phone I’ve been meaning to get.
- Finally get organized and good at my job. Be better at being a Supervisor and taking on responsibility.
- Be more timely with responding to text messages/emails/sending out birthday messages/etc. I’m HORRIBLE at this and everyone knows this. I apologize deeply. I hope that by accomplishing no. 5 on the list, no. 7 will become easier.
If anyone has any suggestions to this list, I’m all ears. Look forward to some new posts in the new future, especially an updated version of the Malltail tutorial. It’s so damn hard to keep up with those people since they keep updating their formatting and site layout. Damn them!